Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Aftermath

We are all still dragging over here, we just haven't quite recovered yet from all the excitement of yesterday.  I have to say though that it is the "best," most content exhaustion that I have ever felt.  First of all let me start by saying that I do not have any numbers yet.  Melissa, from Chick-fil-A, has gotten in touch w/us and has said she would like to meet with us on Friday, so we may know something by the end of the week.

My heart is full and I have so many things to share with all of you.  Let me start off with "How 'bout that weather?"  For those of you who don't live here, I want to let you know that since Monday April 13 had shown up on the 7 day planner(a week ago) all the way up until probably noon yesterday, we had a severe weather threat here.  One in which they predicted thunderstorms, tornadoes, large hail and damaging winds.  Y'all, I was checking the weather all weekend long and let me just paint a picture in your minds of what I saw.  Big, beautiful, bright sun on Easter Sunday, big beautiful, bright sun on Tuesday and a big fat dark cloud with rain and lightening bolts coming out of it for Monday, April 13.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but man, we were plowing ahead and we were not going to let that get us down.  I had to let that go, I turned my worry and fear about the weather over to God and knew that He would accomplish his plan for SK's Chick-fil-A day regardless of the weather.  Well, let me tell ya, the only place that saw big fat dark clouds, rain and lighting bolts around here were the forecasts, hallelujah!  The sun broke through around lunch time and stayed out all afternoon with no threat of thunderstorms in our vicinity.

Y'all we serve a God who is not bound by the things we are bound to like time, circumstances, or mother nature.  Praise Him, He does not have to work within the confines of our 7 day planner!  He absolutely can or He can choose to part those clouds and let that warm sun shine down on his creation, either way, His Will will be done.

For many people, SK's Chick-fil-A day started at 6:30 am and from the reports I got, the drive-thru traffic started soon after, people ordering for their co-workers and offices.  Lunch and dinner followed with a full restaurant and a drive-thru wrapped so far around Chick-fil-A and out of the parking lot that I couldn't even see the end of it.  People were circling multiple times and were parking in adjacent parking lots.  It was really something to see.

Our church was so helpful to us in getting word out to the community about Sophie's fundraiser at Chick-fil-A, from printing all of our flyers to putting it in the church newsletters to even putting it on the church sign the day of the fundraiser.  We are so blessed to have such a supportive church family.
 
Photobucket">

Sophie Kate did really well.  She made appearances at breakfast, lunch and dinner, with only about a 4 hour afternoon break at home to rest and regroup before dinner.  These next pictures are SK fading fast with about 2 hours left to go before the day was over, but she just couldn't take any more.

Going, going....

Gone.

Well, it's obvious from the length of this post that the fundraiser blogging cannot be contained to just one post, so I am going to wrap this one up and save some of the most touching stories of the day for the next post.  I still feel like I am all over the place with my thoughts, hope they weren't too hard to follow, more stories and pictures to come.

No comments: