Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This really is the last Christmas post

I just have one more post that will officially complete the trifecta of 2008 Christmas season posts and will get me on track for 2009.  We spent New Year's Eve this year with Chad's family, all of the brothers and sisters were in town with their families (which is a rarity in and of itself) and all of the cousins were able to get together and play.  There are 8 of them in all (cousins I mean), fun times.

So who do you think was actually up to ring in the New Year?  That would be Grey and SK, yes they are not going to let a good party go by w/o being a part of  it.  Cooper and Jacob were still at my parents house on New Year's Eve and I can assure you if my dad had anything to do with it, they were all in bed.  So my two little ones were up and my two big ones were probably sleeping, this is how G and SK spent their New Year's Eve.

Boy loves him some bread and butter, Jacob would be proud.

My girl likes to party all the time, party all the time, party all the time.....

Grey getting his party on.

We did get our family back together on Jan. 1 and all of us ended up at a post Christmas cookie decorating extravaganza the next day.  Take a look at those eyes, they are screaming exhaustion.

It's serious business to Jacob, that sweet boy was there hard at work until every last cookie was decorated.

Grey was good for about one cookie and then he ate it, he's definitely mine.

I have really enjoyed sharing some of our Christmas fun with ya'll.  It was good for me, remembering how great our Christmas was this year or last year, whatever.  We had a great time together and I really miss the ones who are back to work and back in school.

One of the best and most unexpected gifts this year was 3 sets of bed sheets, I know ya'll are really wondering where this is going, aren't you?  Chad's parents bought Cooper, Jacob and Grey Star Wars sheets as part of their Christmas and at the time I didn't think much about it.  They are the vintage Star Wars sheets that their daddy slept on when he was their age, the exact same sheets are being made again.  All three of my boys are sharing a room now and there is just nothing like the sight of them all snuggled in their beds in those Star Wars sheets.  They are just so stinkin' cute.  Maybe I am being overly sappy here but ya'll just bear with me, b/c I don't know how much longer my 8 year old is going to be into this so right now I am eating this up and so is their daddy.  Thanks for sharing this time with us.

No comments: