Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Part Deux

Let's see, I left off with the last post having completed a perfect Christmas Day at home with my family.  As if that wasn't hectic enough we decided to add some travel time into the mix and headed off to my parent's house the next day.  I will have to give some props to SK this time though b/c she didn't start crying until we got to Tupelo (en route to Memphis) where she is usually crying by the time we pass the Birmingham airport, that was our little Christmas gift from Sophie, thanks sweetie!

Once there madness ensued again as my sister and her family came over for more present opening.  If you are keeping track, we are on day 3 of opening presents for my kids and still had one more day to come with extended family, talk about overindulgence.

SK here is the poster child for overindulgence.

My sweet little accident prone Jacob still sporting his latest injury that took place on the playground before school let out, yes that particular injury on his forehead is two weeks old in this picture.

Cooper patiently waiting his turn.

The next day we were off to my cousin's house for more family, food and presents.  My niece Emma Claire and SK were matchy matchy that day in outfits they had received for Christmas, aren't they too much.

Love this of my dad and his two granddaughters.

Now on to SK's new friend, it is my cousin's new baby Taylor.  Taylor is about 6 months old now.  Keep in mind Sophie has never really been around babies side by side to interact or play with.  She does go to the church nursery, but isn't always in the nursery, if you know what I mean.  Girlfriend gets around she likes to see and be seen.

How sweet is this?

Sk is not real sure of what is going on, there was a lot of action and reaction going on with these two little ones.

Does that face not say it all?  She was so wide-eyed and alert.  This was very good for her.

This visit has really got the slow moving gears in my head turning.  There was just something about the two of them together that I could not put my finger on, it's very difficult for me to put into words.  I saw something in Sophie that I haven't seen before an alertness or awareness maybe, I'm not sure what to call it, but it was good.

Emma Claire was in heaven helping take care of 2 babies and purple was the cool color of the day.

No pics of Grey in his underwear so this one will have to do.  Well, I take that back he probably is in his underwear with just a t-shirt on.

Thanks to my parents for keeping C and J for us for few days.  Chad and I were able to spend some good time with G and SK and then thanks to Erin, CC and Mr. Ron, Chad and I were able to spend some time with just Chad and I.  One night we went out to dinner with grownups only to a place that didn't serve chicken nuggets and had no play area.  On another night Chad and I went to a movie.  I have often wondered who the people are that just up and go to a movie on a random weeknight, well that would be us, off to a movie on a random weeknight, that's just how we roll.

Now we are all back together and our daddy is back to work today (Mon. Jan. 5) which makes us so sad, but we have had a great 2 weeks together and are very thankful for how God has blessed us during this Christmas season.  Love to you all.

No comments: