Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Giving Thanks

Hey everyone.  We are home from getting Sophie's ear tubes put in.  Everything went well, it took a lot longer than it did when Jacob had his tubes put in, but then I wouldn't have expected anything less from Sophie.  She had some trouble breathing once the surgery was over while she was in recovery so we had to stay for a little while longer but thankfully not overnight.

Her ENT doctor told us that she had a lot of fluid behind her ears so the tubes were definitely needed.  As far as her airway goes, he did check all of that out and found some things that might be contributing to her being a noisy breather, but b/c none of these things are causing her any problems, he said there is nothing that he would do about that at this time.  He told us these things were very mild, so that was good to hear.

Now, she just needs time to heal, she is certainly not a happy camper, but I can't say that I really blame her either.  Sweet baby, it's so hard to feel so helpless when it comes to your kids.  I want to do something to help her, but there is not a lot I can do besides hold her and love her and we are doing plenty of that here.

This we can handle.  I have to say I'm most thankful that it's not last year, that to me sums up a lot, thank you Jesus that it's not last year.  We can get through this, I'm not sure we could get through another last year.

Thank you all for thinking of us, praying for Sophie Kate and helping us out today.  Hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.

No comments: