Monday, December 1, 2008

Remembering

Hey everyone, hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving week, reflecting on our abundant blessings and all the things we have to be truly thankful for in this life.  We spent Thanksgiving with my family this year in Hernando, MS and I just couldn't help but think all weekend long how thankful I was that it wasn't last year.  I know I said that in the previous post too but for me it bears repeating.

We spent Thanksgiving Day last year back and forth to the NICU, once in the morning when we took all the boys to visit their sister and then, once we had dropped the boys off with Chad's parents, we went back up there to spend a little alone time with our baby girl.  Thankfully we were given that time with Sophie Kate by Chad's family and shared a wonderful dinner with them that evening, it was just a very difficult day last year.

Since I'm in the remembering zone right now, I certainly can't let the 28th of November go by without a word or two.  Not only is it Chad's birthday, but it is also the day that we got to bring Sophie home from the NICU.  I swear I will never forget that day, we were ecstatic to bring our baby girl home, what a great birthday present that was for Chad last year.

Anyway, my plan had not been to go down that road, but there I went.  So back to the present, SK has been doing pretty good with her ear tubes.  Today (Mon. Dec. 1) was the first full day that she has not had to have any Motrin.  Over the past week, I can tell her ears have been bothering her but it hasn't been terrible for her, she has handled everything pretty well, especially since we had to travel the day after she had them put in.

Speaking of traveling and Sophie Kate, they really are not words that should be mentioned in the same sentence.  I'm at a total and complete loss b/c SK and I can travel around town for 45 minutes and I will not hear a peep from her, but get everyone packed and in the car for a trip and she is crying and fussing before we even get out of Birmingham, what is the deal?  She needs some serious laying of hands on her and I don't mean my hands b/c I am out of my mind irritated when she starts that stuff and we haven't even passed the airport yet, what's up with that girlfriend?

Well this week it's back to as much normalcy as we can stand.  The boys are back in school and SK and I have a full week of therapy ahead of us.  So I will let ya'll know how everything progresses this week.  Thanks for all the love.

No comments: