Monday, January 12, 2015

Yes

Going back to school and getting back to a routine last week was brutal, I'm not going to lie.  People are tired and ill-tempered and do not have nice faces when they wake up early around here...seriously I don't know how Chad deals with all of us some days.  He is the only one in the house that doesn't wake up mad.  Oh not mad at each other, just mad because it's too bright and we like sleep alot.  How many more days is it until summer vacation? Come on, I know someone knows the answer to this question.

Sophie Kate is doing really well so far this "sick season," as we like to call it.  We are keeping her home most of the time, but she has been to some of her oldest brother's basketball games.  Do you think having her hold her own bottle of hand sanitizer is taking things a bit too far?  Cause I think it sends the perfect message...back off!!  No really, I used to have a little stop sign that hooked onto her stroller that said, "Stop, wash your hands before touching me."  I don't know what ever happened to it, but I so loved it. Now, we just carry around our own bottle of hand sanitizer.  

We are managing well with her hip right now.  We did see her Orthopedic surgeon back before Christmas.  We have a lot of options on the table concerning her hip situation, ranging from doing nothing to full blown surgery (which really isn't a option in my opinion at this time).  We are weighing all the options and are seeking wisdom from the One who knows her best.  We pray for direction from God as we navigate this new road with our girl.  Please know though that she is doing well and she is healthy and for that we are so thankful.  

This sweet girl is so strong and shows me every day what it looks like to be content and joyful in your circumstances. This question was asked in our small groups yesterday..."Would we still love God as much as we say we do if everything fell apart?"  I have thought a lot about this very question or a variation of it many times over the past 7+ years.  I can honestly answer "yes."  Everything has fallen apart, everything I knew, everything I thought I would have...dreams and futures, paths and directions have all changed and the answer is still yes.  My beliefs have been challenged to the core and have been rebuilt with clear eyes and a new understanding.  My God, my commitment, my love and devotion to Him are no longer based on my circumstances but I didn't fully know that until my circumstances changed.  And in the midst of change and unbelievable difficulty and turmoil and the shifting of everything I have ever known...He remained. God remained unchanged and unmoved and steadfast. And while I would give anything for things to be different for Sophie Kate, I never want go back to the person I was before.

Hebrews 13:8, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."      

No comments: