Thursday, May 27, 2010

School's Out for Summer

School's out for summer...no, not forever just for summer. I just realized that I'm not scared of Alice Cooper anymore like I used to be after watching him on the American Idol Finale Wednesday night. By the way, I know I am like the last person out there who still watched AI this year but I did and I am not ashamed of it. It didn't matter enough to me to vote this year but I did TiVo it and watch it.

While we are on the subject of AI, Alice Cooper really wasn't that bad. It was the Bee Gees, Chicago and Joe Cocker that I thought were pretty sad. What I mean to say is that I loved all these guys at one point in my life but really, is there no one close to them that would speak the truth in love to them...just to let them know that this may not be the best choice for them at this time. I hate seeing all these guys get older. For me and for those who know me, I'm sure I don't even have to tell you who my favorite performer of the night was...wait for it...Poison front man Bret Micheals. That performance made the whole show, I love me some 80's hair bands.

Wow, I spent more time on that than I thought I would. We do have some things going on with SK right now involving her airway. She has tracheomalacia and always has, but here lately it has been worse. We have been talking about options with her ENT but there really aren't a lot of options when you are dealing with airway issues. Please pray for direction and wisdom for us in this area, it's a big deal and a big decision. We will be doing some testing over the summer and I will definitely keep y'all updated as I know more. I really want to keep this post light and airy so I will stop there.

School's out for summer. Let the lazy unscheduled mornings begin, followed by afternoons at the pool, along with family movie nights and backyard bonfires. I don't even want to think about August right now, I want to think about baseball games and riding bikes, playing games and having friends over, cookouts and time spent with family.

This is SK on summer vacation...



Grey and his friend Jacob getting their summer started...



Thanks for checking in on us, hope y'all have a great Memorial Day weekend.

No comments: