Monday, May 27, 2013

Sophie Kate's Graduation

Summer has officially started here.  We have completed 6th grade, 4th grade, 1st grade and 4K and yes I say "we" because it has been a group effort for sure.  It will be a different kind of summer for us this year with Cooper playing school football and basketball but we are glad to have him with us right now.  We missed him in the afternoons during spring training.  It was strange not having him come home from school like he always has. The brothers asked where he was almost every day, they missed him and so did I.  It was different us all not being together, but we're adjusting.

Sophie Kate graduated from 4K and I think I held it together pretty good.  I had my moments like when Grey pushed her in during the processional.
Yep, I bawled but then got a hold of myself.  It was the sweetest thing and so very appropriate because he has been so involved in her class this year.  She wouldn't have had it any other way.
SK's 2013 4K class, everyone is headed to Kindergarten next year!
My friend Letitia joined us as we donated two books about special needs children to SK's teacher...one in memory of her son Dante and one in honor of SK.  It's been to my gain to get to know her precious Dante through her and her family.  I value Letitia's friendship so much.  I was thrilled she could come and as always was blessed by her selfless and uplifting spirit.
The other moment that I lost it, Sophie Kate and her teacher of three years saying their goodbyes.  Look how intently SK is looking at her and listening to her...not many people get to be looked at like that by her...so moved by the the love and respect between them.  

 Grey and his #1 girl...the feeling is mutual I can assure you.
A wonderful accomplishment for our sweet Sophie Kate.  It was truly a team effort to get her to this point.  There are so many people to thank...teachers, therapists, our fantastic school system, SK's nurse and our family and friends that have supported our girl and our family and have prayed nonstop for us.
2 Corinthians 12:9 "But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.'  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

No comments: